[smokeping-users] Re: getting median RRT / latest RRT / avg pkg loss from all rrd's

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Thu Jul 10 11:29:15 MEST 2003

Today Olivier M. wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> I have a smokeping setup with 462 rrd's currently, and
> I'd need to fetch all the RRT values displayed on the overview
> graphs (the small ones with the RTT median in red) with
> a script for statistical purpose (-> csv file):
>
> file1.rrd -> median RRT  \t  latest RTT  \t   avg loss \n
> file2.rrd -> median RRT  \t  latest RTT  \t   avg loss \n
> file3.rrd -> median RRT  \t  latest RTT  \t   avg loss \n
> file462.rrd -> median RRT  \t  latest RTT  \t   avg loss \n
>
> Is there already a simple / well known way to do that, or
> should I directely try to retrive these informations "by hand"
> using rrdtool fetch ?  Some examples would be welcome if possible :)

Hoi Olivier,

You should use rrdtool graph and PRINT instead of GPRINT. no LINE
or other graphing commands, then you will just get the statistical
information but no graph ...
you can look at the smokeping code for what options you need ...

tob

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich