[smokeping-users] Alerts Problem!

DJ Tha Muggs djmuggs at cypresshill.nl
Wed Jun 4 11:33:47 MEST 2003

Hi all,

I'm think I'm missing something in the Alerts Config... I'm trying and
trying but i don't get alerts... I've put in a host that should generate an
alert, but i don't get any... I'm i missing something?

Here is my Alerts config...

*** Alerts ***
to = "someone at someaddress.com"
from = "smokealert at someaddress.com"

+lossdetect
type = loss
pattern = ==0%,==0%,==0%,==0%,>20%,>20%,>20%
comment = suddenly there is packet loss

+rttdetect
type = rtt
pattern = <5,<5,<5,>15,>15
comment = routing mesed up again ?

Don't look at the e-mail addresses, I faked them for this post... I've tested
sendmail on the Server doing Smokeping and it sends Mail to any address i
want... So sendmail is working properly...

Please gimme some pointers, because documentation or mailinglist archive
isn't helping me :-(

Thanks in Advance,

Cristian.