[smokeping-users] Re: Single target, multiple locations on www

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sat Mar 1 23:17:06 MET 2003

Today Roberts, Larry wrote:

> I have searched the archives and noticed an email about target alias's,
> however I never saw a firm conclusion on how/if this could be done.
>
> I have about 100 devices that I am monitoring. I break the devices down into
> groups based upon the ABR that they are behind.
>
> What I would like to do is have 2 top levels. One that leaves the devices in
> the categories by the ABR they set behind. The second, would be just a break
> down by region, or in our case state.
>
> + ABR 1
> ++ SITE 2
> ++ SITE 3
> ++ SITE 5
> + ABR 2
> ++ SITE 1
> ++ SITE 4
>
> + CALIFORNIA
> ++ SITE 1
> ++ SITE 2
> ++ SITE 3
> + Oregon
> ++ SITE 4
> ++ SITE 5

Hi Larry,

the alias feature has been discussed but it got never implemented
... not yet anyway ...

> BTW: Tobi, Excellent program. I was amazed by MRTG, I am humbled by
> smokeping!

tobi bows gracefully ...

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager Coach Time Lord Developer Designer
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker +41(0)1-632-5286