[smokeping-users] Re: error while open smokeping in web

Scott Schappell archon at silvertree.org
Wed Apr 28 00:32:48 MEST 2004

edy wrote:

>now when i open smokeping.cgi in the web, it open a download window which
>offer me to download file smokeping.cgi from my server.

OK, I found a few things that may be contributing to the problem:

Change
Alias /images /var/www/htdocs/smokeping/images

Alias /smokeimg /var/www/htdocs/smokeping/images

Change these lines:

# To use CGI scripts:
#
#AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

# To use CGI scripts:
#
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

Change:
<Directory "/var/www/htdocs">
#
# This may also be "None", "All", or any combination of "Indexes",
# "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or "MultiViews".
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

<Directory "/var/www/htdocs">
#
# This may also be "None", "All", or any combination of "Indexes",
# "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or "MultiViews".
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI

That should (big "S") get it working.