[smokeping-users] problem with smokeping CGI

benedict at kmun.gov.kw benedict at kmun.gov.kw
Wed Dec 1 09:35:33 MET 2004

I am new to smoke and have recently installed it

OS linux Red Hat 8

smokeping 1.31
apache version httpd-2.0.40-8

i have installed and setup smokeping with the other required software but
now when I try to use the browser and try to open the smokeping.cgi

it says

Access forbiden

you dont have permission to acces the requested object it is either read
protected or not readable by the server

my imgcache directory is /var/www/html/smokecache and the permissions are
defult as i have created this directory as user root.

appreciate if you could help me

any other info required kindly let me know

thanks n regards