[smokeping-users] Re: Curl probe

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Wed Dec 22 12:05:31 MET 2004

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 11:41:35AM +1100, yilmaz.atag at abs.gov.au wrote:

> I would like to test "curl probe" used with smokeping
> I renamed the index.html and default.htm files such
> that they would be different from the ones configured
> in the config file below. To my amazement, I didn't see
> any change in the graphs, I mean no discontinuities in
> the graph lines. This is not normal is it? So my question
> is how can I test the curl probe. Thanks for your help.
> Below is my curl probe config file.
>

> + PROBE_CONF
>
> probe = curl

Hi,

I think this part doesn't have any effect, and Smokeping is using the
probe specified in the 'Targets' main section rather than the Curl
probe. This can be verified by running 'smokeping -debug'.

You can fix this by either specifying Curl as the default probe in the
'Targets' section like this:

*** Targets ***

probe = Curl

or by specifying a target-specific probe like this:

++ ABC

menu = abc
title = www.abc.com/index.html availability
host= www.abc.com