[smokeping-users] Loss Colors

Kennedy Clark hkclark at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 21:03:03 MET 2004

Hello,

I have some questions related to how the loss_colors
section of the SmokePing config works.  The docs say
that the first columns is "the lossrate (in percent)
is larger of equal to this number".  But:

1) I thought my older smokeping installations used to
come with the colors defined as 0/20, 1/20, 2/20... as
in how many pings were lost out of 20.

2) How do you get 1% with only 20 pings?  Wouldn't the
thresholds needs to be 5%, 10%, 15%, etc with 20
pings?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
KC