[smokeping-users] Re: mod_perl WAS: _order

Ali ISIK ali at esertelekom.com
Thu Feb 5 11:46:32 MET 2004

Actually, as memory serves, the only errors that I ran into were
taint errors.  I run mod-perl under taint mode by default.  You
may be able to run the entire thing without any problems if you
skip that, which, by the way, I would not recommend.  If you
do run with taint, a few things need to be untainted, perhaps
as follows:

         $dir .= "/$_";
       ( $cfg->{General}{imgcache}.$dir) =~ /([\/\w]+)/;
       my $untainted_dir = $1;
       mkdir $untainted_dir, 0755
             unless -d  $untainted_dir;
       die "ERROR: creating $untainted_dir: $!\n"
                 unless -d $untainted_dir;

I think there were two places where untainting turned out to be necessary.

The major changes are that you change the sha-bang line from
speedy to regular perl and put the script in your mod-perl exec dir,
usually cgi-perl.

Why don't you give it a try and see if you run into any trouble.  It
is quite possible that you would run into other problems.  I have only
fixed the errors that my users faced.