[smokeping-users] X-Axis scale in graphs...

Scott Schappell archon at silvertree.org
Wed Jul 21 00:53:44 MEST 2004

I changed the step value in my config to 900 seconds as with what I'm
monitoring 15 minute increments is fine.  However, the x-axis scale is
still five minute intervals  (see
http://www.silvertree.org/smokeimg/BBR_TC_MON/TC_ISUP/TCVI_last_108000.png).

I'd like for the minor gridlines to be 15 minutes and the major grid
lines 1 hour (thus each 15 minute interval will be one chart "pixel".).

I added '--x-grid |MINUTE:10:HOUR:1:HOUR:1:0:%X' on lines 486 and 736 in
Smokeping.pm but it seems to have no effect (I found that in the RRDtool
documentation, just modified to suit my needs).

How can I make the pixels on the graphs match my step value? And I don't
want to make the graph "longer". I changed it to 9 hours and it worked
as I expected, but that's not an acceptable solution. I should be able
to have a graph range of 3 hours with 15 minute granularity without it
taking up 3 whole pixels on the graph.

Thanks for your help!

Scott