[smokeping-users] Smokeping - Weird packet loss.....

Finnur Örn Guðmundsson finnur at skyggnir.is
Thu Jul 29 18:17:14 MEST 2004

Hi there!
I am running Smokeping to "ping" quite a few websites i am running. Lately
it has been giving me strange results on 2 SSL pages i check.

It is starting to give me 85-99% packet loss on those 2 sites that are on
SSL server (It was working about a month ago) but i am also checking the
non-ssl part of the website and there i have 0% packetloss.

This was working ok, until few weeks ago we changed internet lines. The
hostnames are resolving to the correct ip, and i can connect to the
webserver on both normal and SSL connections. The weird thing is, i
activated another check (copy'ed the config another entry in smokeping
config, changed the url and created another page on one of the ssl
servers) and that works fine......

Is anyone out there having any problem that acts like this? ....any hints
;)?.....

Thanks in advance!
Kveðja / Regards
Finnur Ö. Guðmundsson
Kerfisfræðingur - Rekstrarsvið / System Engineer - System Administration
E-mail: finnur at skyggnir.is
Skyggnir hf.,  Holtasmári 1,  201 Kóp,  Iceland.

Þjónustusvið / Service Center
E-mail: rekstur at skyggnir.is, http://www.skyggnir.is/
Tel. +354-575-6100,  Fax: +354-575-6110