[smokeping-users] Re: smokeping email alerts

Dan McGinn-Combs Dan.McGinn-Combs at Geac.com
Mon Jun 21 20:40:29 MEST 2004

Hmmmm. Well this is interesting.

1) It is possible that your alert is not triggering. Have you looked at
the graphs that Smokeping is generating? If the Smokeping background
process is not running, then no data is being saved to the rrd files and
no alerts will be triggered. Alerts are only evaluated during the update
function.

2) Just for testing, I would change my loss alerts to:
pattern = ==0%,==U

or create a rtt one:
pattern = !=U,==U

there is a possibility that your down-time never triggers the pattern of
up, up, up, down.

Just a couple of thoughts,
Dan