[smokeping-users] Re: RemoteFPing Config

Keith Patton kpatton at dallas.photronics.com
Sun Jun 27 02:33:37 MEST 2004

James Baldwin wrote:

>On 25 Jun 2004, at 14:34, Keith Patton wrote:
>

>>James Baldwin wrote:
>>

>>>I'm having trouble configuring smokeping to utilize RemoteFPing from
>>>multiple source addresses.
>>>

><snip>
>

>>Keep in mind that you need a new copy of the remotefping for each
>>pinghost... copy and modify the top line to reflect the new name..
>>

>Alright, after some fiddling I am getting proper responses when I have
>a separate probe module for each source host, and these are configured
>to ping a single remote host. Another problem has arisen when I try and
>ping multiple hosts from the same source host.
>
>smokeping --debug is returning proper ssh lines, namely the following:
>RFPingRemoteOne: query=/usr/bin/ssh -1 -l monitor 10.0.0.1
>/usr/local/sbin/fping -b1024 -C 20 -q -B1 -i10 -r1 10.0.1.1 5.5.5.5
>RFPingRemoteTwo: query=/usr/bin/ssh -1 -l monitor 10.0.1.1
>/usr/local/sbin/fping -b1024 -C 20 -q -B1 -i10 -r1 10.0.0.1 6.6.6.6
>
>These are being graphed as 100% packetloss, however, fping is returning
>proper timing information and such. Is RemoteFPing.pm not written to
>allow for this, or is there another implementation caveat I'm missing?
>
>--

Ok,  I had to modify fping because it directed the output to syserr and
not sysout .  This was done because if you get icmp redirects is doesn't
work..The icmp redirect message tries to be loaded as latency numbers.
However, if  you are using the standard fping probe..

modify the probe..
find this..

    my @times =() ;
    $self->{rtts}={};