[smokeping-users] http Probe problem

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Thu Mar 18 16:13:19 MET 2004

If I want to monitor an external site, I need to access it via a proxy.
This doesn't seem to be supported using the EchoPingHttp probe,
although echoping DOES in fact support this:

++ PubMed
probe = EchoPingHttp
menu = PubMed am NIH
title = PubMed am NIH
host = www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
+++ PROBE_CONF
url = http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?holding=idecuhmlib

Doesn't work, since there's no way of specifying a proxy.
How can it be done?

++ PubMed
probe = EchoPingHttp
menu = PubMed am NIH
title = PubMed am NIH
host = realproxy.charite.de:888
+++ PROBE_CONF
url = http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?holding=idecuhmlib

Also doesn't work.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V a)   Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Charite - Universitätsmedizin Berlin            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155