[smokeping-users] Using dns probe, on sp 1.28

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Mar 19 17:32:14 MET 2004

Is anyone using this?  I've been trying to get it work for the better
part of 2 days with no luck.

Here's my config section:

+ DNS

binary = /usr/bin/dig

And when I start smokeping, I get this in my output...

### parsing dig output...OK
### fping seems to report in 1 miliseconds

So it looks like smokeping is parsing the setup ok.  When I try to
add a device using this probe, I've tried a number of different
approaches for getting it into the config, but all of them make
smokeping complain in one way or another about the format.

Does someone have a sample they'd be willing to share?

Thanks,
Paul