[smokeping-users] Re: Packet loss report

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Thu May 27 01:48:42 MEST 2004

Kimmo Suominen wrote:

> You could use rrdtool (see "man rrdtool") or the perl interfaces (e.g.
> "use RRDs").  Both are pretty cool for doing anything you want with
> the databases.

I've been reading plenty of documentation.  At this point, based on the
RRDtool tutorials, I'm having a hard time determining how to calculate
the lost packet percentage - I can do a rudimentary database extraction,
but I can't figure out how to have it tally the number of entries and
the number of "nan" entries, let alone how to do it efficiently.

pt