[smokeping-users] Re: Using proxy for Curl

Kamran Siddiqui/NYLIC Kamran_Siddiqui at newyorklife.com
Mon Nov 8 15:00:45 MET 2004

Hi All,
Is there a way to specify a proxy address in the smokeping config file to
measure http and https performance through the Curl probe. I want to be
able to measure responses for various internet sites through the proxy
server.

Any ideas, Here is a sample from my config file.

+ Services
menu = Services
title = Check Service Availability

++ HTTP
menu = HTTP
title = HTTP Availability
probe = Curl

+++ Yahoo
## I should be able to specify a proxy server IP or host here
menu = www.yahoo.com
title = www.yahoo.com HTTP availability
host = www.yahoo.com
++++ PROBE_CONF
url = http://www.yahoo.com

Thanks
Kamran

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |           "Kamran Siddiqui/NYLIC"    |
|         |           <Kamran_Siddiqui at NewYorkLif|
|         |           e.com>                     |
|         |           Sent by:                   |
|         |           smokeping-users-bounce at list|
|         |           .ee.ethz.ch                |
|         |                                      |
|         |           11/05/2004 02:34 PM        |
  |       To:       smokeping-users at list.ee.ethz.ch                                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [smokeping-users] Using proxy for Curl                                                                       |

How do I specify proxy in smokeping for CURL to measure HTTP an HTTPs
stats?

Kamran