[smokeping-users] Re: Daemons Stops - No graphs created - after few hours

Andrew MacTaggart amactaggart at hkis.edu.hk
Fri Nov 26 08:46:28 MET 2004

The cgi works fine, and the graphs are generated for a little while and
then stop.

I ssh to the server and start the daemon via the
/usr/local/bin/smokping start

rrd creates the graghs but when the graghing stops, I login to the
server and notice that the daemon pid is no longer running. No messages
in the logs.

I have one server that works and one that acts funny like mentioned
above. I will have to check the versions of everything cause it is about
1 month when server 1 was built[working] and server 2[not working]

I have tested fping and point to 2 dns servers so names are translated.
Data is plotted, but when the daemon stops the graphs stop.

Server1:[Working]
apache-2.0.50_2     Version 2 of Apache web server with prefork MPM.
echoping-5.2.0_1    A ping-like program that uses tcp and/or http
fping-2.4b2         Quickly ping N hosts w/o flooding the network
rrdtool-1.0.49      Round Robin Database Tools
smokeping-1.31      Latency logging and graphing system
perl-5.6.1_15       Practical Extraction and Report Language

Server2:[Not Working]
apache-2.0.50_2     Version 2 of Apache web server with prefork MPM.
echoping-5.2.0_2    A ping-like program that uses tcp and/or http
fping-2.4b2         Quickly ping N hosts w/o flooding the network
rrdtool-1.0.49      Round Robin Database Tools
smokeping-1.31      Latency logging and graphing system
socket-1.1_1        Create tcp socket and connect to stdin/out
perl-5.6.1_15       Practical Extraction and Report Language

Also have speedyCGI installed

>>> Tetsuya Hasegawa <t.hasegawa at glcom.co.jp> 11/26/2004 3:25:33 PM

Hello,

>I run the smokeping command and Graphs are generated, but after 6
>hours, graphs are no longer available.
I think , graphs are not created by smokeping.
Graphs are created by smokeping-cgi.

Did you access cgi?

I am sorry to be dirty English.
Hasegawa at JP