[smokeping-users] Re: Phantom results

Kamran Siddiqui/NYLIC Kamran_Siddiqui at newyorklife.com
Tue Nov 30 14:58:46 MET 2004

I believe the probe=probe-name statement is over-ridden the next time it is
used. Search for 'Using Multiple Probes' by Dez Cadena in the mailing list
archive and you will find an example.

Kamran

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |           "Keith Redfield"           |
|         |           <kredfield at airsurfwireless.|
|         |           com>                       |
|         |           Sent by:                   |
|         |           smokeping-users-bounce at list|
|         |           .ee.ethz.ch                |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |           11/29/2004 05:51 PM        |
|         |                                      |
|---------+-------------------------------------->
  |       To:       "Keith Redfield" <kredfield at airsurfwireless.com>, <smokeping-users at list.ee.ethz.ch>                          |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [smokeping-users] Re: Phantom results                                                                        |

Nevermind...
I think I forgot to specify "probe=CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP" so it was probably
just doing the default fping locally instead of getting data from the
Cisco.

The documentation on the Probes isn't real clear (to me) on how to
configure for multiple probe types with a single menu. Does "probe=" have
meaning only at a particular level, or does it over-ride whatever might be
earlier in the config?

TIA

-Keith