[smokeping-users] Re: graph question

Robert_Mersberger at BeverlyCorp.com Robert_Mersberger at BeverlyCorp.com
Wed Apr 13 15:47:46 MEST 2005

Your graph shows what I consider a high packet loss (14%) too much blue on
the graph.  The changing shades of gray show the change in latency from the
average, that darker the smoke the greater the number of pings that range
away from the average.  This gray bar or smoke can either be above the line
or below the line.  A good circuit would have very little gray and very low
loss.

This is how I read it, hope it helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: smokeping-users-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch
[mailto:smokeping-users-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of Jason D.
Hammerschmidt
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:26 AM
To: Arnold Nipper
Cc: smokeping-users at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [smokeping-users] Re: graph question

> Imho that may only happen when the set of ping results consists of
> only two values. The lower one is the coloured line and you have
> exactly one grey shadow above. In any other case you should have grey
> shadows on *both* sides of the coloured line.

It does not appear to be so for me.  I've attached a 12KB PNG file
showing one of my monitored targets, I wish I could just link to it,
but it's an internal server only.  Hopefully no one is offended by my
12KB attachment (I apologize in advance to any members of the bandwidth
conservation society).  As you can hopefully see, multiple grey colours
on some (not all) bars are seen, and the majority are above the line.
I do see a couple in the beginning of the graph where it's just one
tone of grey.

-- Type: image/png
-- Size: 10k (10908 bytes)

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE:
This e-mail message and any attachment(s) (collectively, this "Email") are
intended only for the confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient named above or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient named above,
you have received this Email in error. Please notify the sender immediately
and permanently delete this Email and any copies thereof.