[smokeping-users] Re: SmokePing 2.0rc5, RRDtool 1.2.11 and UTF-8

Erich Titl erich.titl at think.ch
Mon Aug 15 16:02:27 MEST 2005

Leos

Leoš Bitto wrote:
> Erich Titl wrote:

> I do not use the "use POSIX;" and "setlocale (...);" and it works fine -
> setting LANG properly is enough for me. Tobias wrote that calling
> setlocale would only be necessarry if the setting is not picked
> correctly from the environment variables LANG and LC_*. You might want
> check whether your Apache really sets LANG correctly - maybe your
> .htaccess is ignored because of "AllowOverride None" in httpd.conf?

Possible, but then the setlocale should catch, and possibly it does, as
the mini graphs are correct.

Indeed, AllowOverride is set to None for the vhost, but even setting it
to All does not change the behaviour.

    # "/srv/www/cgi-bin" should be changed to whatever your ScriptAliased
    # CGI directory exists, if you have one, and where ScriptAlias
points to.
    #
    <Directory "/srv/www/vhosts/mrtg.asp.ruf.ch/cgi-bin">
        AllowOverride All
        Options +ExecCGI -Includes
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    AccessFileName .htaccess

..
> If I understand it correctly, the HTML encoding is the problem now. This
> can be easily fixed with "charset = UTF-8" in
> /usr/local/smokeping/etc/config, right after "template = ...". That was
> the easy part for me - I found it in the documentation.

I found the same and set it accordingly

*** Presentation ***

template = /usr/local/smokeping/etc/basepage.html
charset=UTF-8

>>So back to square 1
>

> I would say advance to the next-to-last square instead! ;-)

That would also be true for n = 2 :-)

cheers
Erich