[smokeping-users] Re: Using mutt rather than Sendmail?

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Fri Dec 2 19:09:29 MET 2005

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 11:36:32AM -0500, Ian Fraser wrote:

> Is it possible to have smokeping send email using mutt instead of
> sendmail ? I've modified the config to point sendmail=/usr/bin/mutt but
> when I run tSmoke --testmail I see nothing going to the SMTP server (I
> should shouldn't I ?)

Hi,

I suppose mutt should work, if it supports sendmail-style options.
Smokeping calls sendmail as

# <sendmail-program> -f <from-address> <to-address>

so there's nothing fancy there.

The tSmoke '--testmail' option is unfortunately misnamed. It apparently
doesn't really send anything, just tells where the mail would go.
I think I'll fix this for the next release. Meanwhile, I guess you
can test with eg. '--morning' just as well.

Cheers,
--
Niko