[smokeping-users] --filter feature on same machine

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Mon Dec 12 16:54:49 MET 2005

Dear all,

I have a quite big config

step     = 300
pings    = 20

FPing: probing 254 targets
FPing6: probing 55 targets
EchoPingSmtp: probing 1 targets
EchoPingHttp: probing 1 targets

and my impression is that smokeping is not able to get thru all these
targets. The reason why I'm thinking this is, that smokeping has to many
false positives. It detects losses and high rtt where no loss and no
high rtt is.

Hence I was happy to run across the --filter option. I've divided my
config into 6 parts, but after starting the second smokeping I get

ERROR: I Quit! Another copy of /usr/local/smokeping/bin/smokeping
(28067) seems to be running.
        Check /var/run/smokeping/smokeping.pid

Any idea to get around this?

TIA, Arnold