[smokeping-users] Re: --filter feature on same machine

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Wed Dec 14 23:34:01 MET 2005

Tobi,

On 12.12.2005 17:30 Tobias Oetiker wrote

> Arnold,
>
> dont use filter for this. use @include.
>
> and create separate smokeping instances that only share the
> datastore location.
>
> for each you @include its config ... and for the viewing app you
> can @include all the configs ...
>
> also note that the 1.2 series has the ability to fork, this may
> help ...
>
> if smokeping does not complete a cycle in the time alloted it would
> complain in the logfile ...

thank you for the hints.

> so there may be another problem ...

I've copied the whole config to another host and don't see the problem
on this host while it is still on the original one where *all* RTT go up
during prime time. Any ideas?

Best regards,
Arnold

--
Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting, Sandhausen, Germany
email: arnold at nipper.de       phone: +49 6224 9259 299