[smokeping-users] Re: --filter feature on same machine

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Thu Dec 15 23:25:42 MET 2005

On 15.12.2005 16:53 Igor Petrovski wrote

> Arnold Nipper wrote:
>
>>I've copied the whole config to another host and don't see the problem
>>on this host while it is still on the original one where *all* RTT go up
>>during prime time. Any ideas?
>>

> The problem is most likely on your smokeping server, or it's
> network connection. Have you checked for:
>
> - duplex mismatch

yes, both 1000/full

> - high network utilization (e.g. running network backups)

this port is for SmokePing and MRTG only mainly

95th Percentile for last 7 days:
In: 	25.49 kbps	 (0 %)
Out:	273.97 kbps	 (0.03 %)

> - faulty cabling/ethernet card/switch port

checked

> - high-cpu utilization

typical load looks like

Cpu(s):   0.0% user,   0.3% system,   0.0% nice,  99.7% idle

resp. load average: 0.47, 0.82, 0.88

Interestingly on a slighlty newer system I don't see this behavior
(meanwhile I've copied the config to this system)

Regards, Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper, AN45