[smokeping-users] Re: Possible modification to EchoPingSmtp

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Thu Feb 10 11:19:11 MET 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 04:31:55PM -0500, Bill Earle wrote:

> I have submitted a patch for echoping to allow alternate
> SMTP ports to be monitored. I have a modified version of
> EchoPingSmtp that uses this feature.

Hi,

what version of echoping are you using? My 5.2.0 just says

% echoping -S localhost:587
echoping: The syntax hostname:port is only for HTTP or ICP

Perhaps this feature is only in the 6.0 beta version? I
haven't tried it at all and don't know if it's otherwise
command-line compatible with 5.2.

Cheers,
--
niko