[smokeping-users] Re: Multiple probes

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Sat Feb 12 08:04:25 MET 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 05:40:53PM +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:

>         ++ UTLOnline
>         menu    = HTTP
>         title   = Web Performance
>         url     = http://www.utlonline.co.uk/
>
>         ... many FPing probes...
>
> However, this doesn't work: both the CGI and the daemon report that the
> "url" parameter is not recognised:
>
>         ERROR: /usr/local/smokeping/etc/config, line 117: unknown
>         variable 'url'
>
> The URL parameter is documented in the Curl.pm POD docs, and is required
> for this probe to work, as far as I know.

Hi,

you need a PROBE_CONF section for the url, and you need to specify the
'host' variable explicitly as well, although the Curl docs
unfortunately don't mention this currently.

This should work:

++ UTLOnline
menu    = HTTP
title   = Web Performance
host = www.utlonline.co.uk
+++ PROBE_CONF
url     = http://www.utlonline.co.uk/

Just about all of this is going to be changed soon, so expect
improvement.

HTH,
--
niko