[smokeping-users] Re[2]: logging multiple connections

Peter Mees peter at cts.be
Fri Jan 14 09:14:53 MET 2005

   I will try to be more specific.

   In my local network there's one machine that is the smokeping machine.
   It has 2 nic's in it , one is connected to isp 1 (Telenet), the other to my
   lan switch. On that lan switch , there is a connection with another
   small router that is connected to isp 2 (Skynet).
   Skynet and Telenet are the main internetproviders for Belgium.

   I have 2 other machines which are placed in 2 different datacenters
   to host websites.

   What i want to do , is use the smokeping machine to verify the
   connection to my 2 other server on both isp connections.
   Why ? Because isp1 (Telenet) sometimes has a route problem to one
   of my other servers. Then clients starting to call me because
   theirs websites arent accesible from within the Telenet network.

   So if i can use smokeping for this purpose , clients can check
   themself if it is a connection problem with Telenet.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Peter Mees

mailto:peter at cts.be
CTS bvba