[smokeping-users] Re: rrdtool spec file

Chris Wilson chris at aidworld.org
Fri Jan 21 16:54:40 MET 2005

Hi Alex,

> Today I received the new specfile from Tobi, after I tried to
> contact the official packagers.  As it turns out, the names in
> the specfile are not up to date.
>
> With your modification, I was able to succesfully create a
> binary package, nice job.

Thanks, I'm glad it helped someone :-)

> When I first started to build a package, I didn't have the
> tcl-devel package installed.  The current specfile really
> needs to check for that package.  I changed the specfile
> to read:
>    BuildRequires:  tcl-devel

I think you're right, I happened to have that package installed so I
didn't notice that problem.

> I'm not sure about dependencies and so on, maybe the line
> should read something like:
>    BuildRequires:  tcl tcl-devel

tcl-devel requires tcl anyway, so there is no need to include tcl on the
list.

> One other line is incorrect:
>    Packager:       Henri Gomez <hgomez at users.sourceforge.net>, Ragnar
> Kj\uffffrstad <rrdtool at ragnark.vestdata.no>
>
> At least Henri needs to be removed.

Is that because the address is no longer valid, or because he's not
interested in maintaining the package?

> Perhaps you'd like to have your name there and become the official
> packager?

I would be happy enough to do that, but I don't have a huge amount of
time to dedicate to it. We'd better ask the mailing list. Does anyone
have any objections, or would anyone else like to volunteer to become to
packager, either for Red Hat/Fedora or for another distro?

Cheers, Chris.
--
(aidworld) chris wilson | chief engineer (chris at aidworld.org)