[smokeping-users] Re: Internal Server Error with RRD-TOOL(both ver) on FreeBSD

Schalk Erasmus schalk at internet.na
Fri Jul 22 11:59:41 MEST 2005

Hi Dan / Guys,

I give up....

I'm reconsidering the use of Smokeping, even though I've been using it
extensively for the last 3 years. :(

This is what happens, when I execute the script:

relay# pwd
/usr/local/smokeping/htdocs

relay# ll
total 4
drwxr-xr-x  2 www   www    512 Jul 12 10:34 img
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  379 Jul 12 10:34 smokeping.cgi

relay# ./smokeping.cgi
speedy_backend[81208]: protocol error

I reinstalled the SPEEDY CGI Port, with no luck. In fact, I reinstalled all
ports that might have any reference to Smokeping.

I do not want to upgrade our other Smokeping Server, since it might break as
well.

What else could I try?

Please help a desperate man.... :)

P.S. I get the alerts (via e-mail), but still no graphics (web).

FreeBSD Version:

relay# uname -a
FreeBSD relay 5.2.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE #0: Mon Feb 23 20:45:55
GMT 2004     root at wv1u.btc.adaptec.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
relay#

Thanx
Schalk