[smokeping-users] Re: What is needed to make SmokePing run on Linux

Scott Schappell archon at silvertree.org
Wed Jun 8 00:33:42 MEST 2005

Marc Powell wrote:

> http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/smokeping/docs/index.en.html
>
> What more could you need?
>
> --
> Marc

A spoon to feed him with, oh, and let's not forget the SysOp's HandHolding
Guide. And, a hefty measure of ability to read would help. Oh, right, let's
not forget the cognizant ability to figure something out on ones own.

Oh, wait, perhaps I am asking for too much. It's far better to just tell
him what he wants to know. That way if something breaks he'll be far too
clueless to figure it out and then he can pester the list again!  Are you
actually suggesting or implying that someone would actually try to /read/
something in this day and age of "gimme the answer I'm too lazy to find it
on my own".

What were you thinking? :)