[smokeping-users] Re: Smokeping 2.0 rc5

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Wed Jun 8 22:27:44 MEST 2005

On 08.06.2005 21:15 Mario Oosters wrote

> Anybody having an idea at the moment about how resource hungry this one is??
> - I am having about 50 Fping running every 60 seconds (10 pings)
> - I am doing 7 DNS - digs every 60 seconds (5 pings)
> - I am doing 8 Curl requests every 60 seconds (5 pings).
>
> I am all doing this on an old Pentium II 400 with 256 MB RAM with the Suse GUI still running.
> Is this enough???

I guess it should do fine. I have a smokeping doing every 120s

  FPing: probing 231 targets
  EchoPingSmtp: probing 1 targets
  EchoPingHttp: probing 1 targets
  FPing6: probing 53 targets

The machine is a Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz with 1GB of RAM and
it looks like it is not eating much ressources.

ps -osize,rss,pcpu,args 32604
SZ RSS %CPU COMMAND
6856 8296  0.0 /usr/bin/perl -w /usr/local/smokeping/bin/smokeping

Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper, AN45