[smokeping-users] Re: config, line 1: table syntax error

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Sun Mar 6 20:27:58 MET 2005

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 11:40:55PM -0800, Brian Faulkner wrote:

> Does anyone have an idea why I would see this error in my browser when
> I try to view http://172.16.2.55/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi?  I've included
> the beginning of my config and I don't see anything that looks wrong
> at line 1.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian
>

> ERROR: /usr/local/smokeping/etc/config, line 1: table syntax error

Hi,

is there anything in the web server error log?

If there's a speedy_backend process running on the server, try killing
it and see if the first error you get after that is something
different. Using speedy often hides the real problem on consecutive
runs of the CGI, because it skips the initialization code.

One more thing that you could check is whether the user the web server
runs as has read permission on the config file (though I'd expect that
to be reported more clearly).

HTH,
--
niko