[smokeping-users] Re: Curl \ EchoPing to individual hosts

Warrick FitzGerald lists.smokeping.wfitzgerald at crtman.com
Thu Mar 10 12:43:10 MET 2005

Niko Tyni wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 06:30:06PM -0500, Warrick FitzGerald wrote:
>

>>I would like to have individual trends running against each server, but
>>here's my problem:
>>
>>EchoPing:
>>echoping -h /SomePage -n 20 10.10.5.10
>>
>>There is no way to specify the Host seperatly from the IP that's being
>>connected to, so the IP now becomes the Host.
>>
>>The same problem exists with the Curl plugin.
>>

>Hi,
>
>in the case of EchoPingHttp, this is limitation in the external
>echoping program. You might want to suggest this feature to the
>echoping author. Look at <http://echoping.sf.net> for more
>information.
>
>As for the Curl probe, I just implemented an option to specify any
>extra arguments to the curl program. This will be in Smokeping 2.0rc3,
>which will be released Real Soon Now(TM).
>
>You'll be interested in the '--header' curl option; there's an example
>of how to do what you want in the manual page of the Curl probe.
>
>Cheers,

wow, that's awesome - thanks so much Niko.

This is probably a very silly question, but where can I download the 2.x
code from? It does not seem to be at
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/smokeping/pub/?M=D/

Do I need to use CVS or something like that? (sorry, I'm a bit of a
newbie when it comes to things like this)

Thanks
Warrick