[smokeping-users] Control parameter change but no document record

Jing Shen laojing at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 13:59:02 MET 2005

Hi,

I monitor my network performance by using smoking for
over one year. It's really a great tool that it do
much help on my work.

When I tried to upgrad my monitor server from
Smokeping1.3.4 to Smokeping 1.3.7, I found
Smokeping1.3.7 treate per probe variable "timeout"
differently from Smokeping1.3.4. With 1.3.4, per probe
"timeout" is treated as "average per ping timeout", so
the total timeout for each target is
"pings*per_probe_timeout", but 1.3.7 treat per probe
"timeout" as total timeout for each target.

This difference make my monitoring system lost one
week data point of some sites.

As smokeping is such a valuable tools, I do suggest to
give some further document on such important changes.

Joe