[smokeping-users] Re: How to stop alert from triggering on each cycle?

Marc Haber mh+smokeping-users at zugschlus.de
Sun May 8 17:18:24 MEST 2005

Hi,

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 05:05:28PM +0200, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> you have to 'anchor' your pattern ... eg
>
> pattern = ==0%,>0%,*12*,>0%,*12*,>0%

If I see correctly, it will then send out one mail per cycle unless
the "unreachable" has filled up all values, right?

In my Opinion, smokeping should check whether it would have sent out a
message the cycle before (that check is possible since history data is
available) and only send out a message if it wouldn't have sent a
message in the last cycle and would send one now.

Greetings
Marc