[smokeping-users] Concurrent Fping probes, problem with web interface

Graeme Allen gallen at mytelecom.com.au
Thu May 19 01:00:02 MEST 2005

Hi,

I have a problem with SmokePing using concurrent FPing probes. The config
file goes like this:

*** Probes ***

+ FPing
binary = /opt/smokeping-1.41/bin/fping

++FPing_1
step = 60

++FPing_2
step = 60

++FPing_3
step = 60

++FPing_4
step = 60

SmokePing run fine, and it generates alerts, but when the web facility is
accessed it just returns the following message on the browser:

Can't call method "step" on an undefined value at
/opt/smokeping-1.41/lib/Smokeping.pm line 950.

The line in Smokeping.pm is:

    my $step = $cfg->{__probes}{$tree->{probe}}->step();

Any idea on how to fix this, we need concurrent probes to scale.

Thanks....Graeme.