[smokeping-users] Re: curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Sun Nov 6 10:56:30 MET 2005

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 11:01:54AM -0500, Michael McCarn wrote:
> I could not figure out how to make my Linksys WRT54G respond to "ping",
> so I'm using Curl to monitor it using https.
>
> The router has a self-signed certificate, requiring "insecure_ssl = 1"
>
> When using 'ssl2' I get an SSL protocol error trying to connect
>
> Changing "ssl2 = 1" to "ssl2 = 0" does not remove '-2' from the Curl
> invocation, but adding "-3" to "extraargs" lets my probe work.

Hi,

the Curl probe was indeed taking '0' for 'true', with both the 'ssl2'
and the 'insecure_ssl' option. This will be fixed in the next release.

Anyway, curl seems to use SSL version 3 by default, so I think you
should be fine if don't specify either 'ssl2' or '-3'. Or maybe it's a
curl version-specific thing...

Thanks for reporting this,
--
Niko