[smokeping-users] Curl probe only measures primary target, not the redirects

rob at dejongnet.net rob at dejongnet.net
Thu Nov 24 18:06:16 MET 2005

First of all I want to thank the devs for this great tool
I like it's combination of power and simplicity.

I've got my forms, cookies, redirects, etc happening.
Just have one problem left that I need some help with.

The page below results in a number of redirects.
My problem is that my probe only records the time taken to download this
small "relocated" page, not the big one sitting behind it.
An Ethereal trace on the server shows that the whole lot is correctly
being downloaded by the probe.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Rob

SmokePing 2.05 on Linux

*** Probes ***
+ Curl
agent = User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;
SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

*** Targets ***
probe = Curl

menu = Top
title = Network Latency Grapher
remark = Welcome to the SmokePing website

+ XHD_Main
menu  = XHD Main Page Test
title = XHD Main Page Test
probe = Curl
host  = xos-sand.xos.dnsalias.net
urlformat = http://%host%/xeroxhelpdesk/MainPage.aspx
extraargs = -L -b /etc/smokeping/cookies.txt -c /etc/smokeping/cookies.txt