[smokeping-users] Re: Only six days of history being stored

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Tue Oct 11 13:41:12 MEST 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 02:55:02PM -0400, John L Hoo wrote:
> The RRDs for my smokeping installation seem only to be storing 6 days of
> data and then wrapping. I am sure it is a problem with the database
> configuration - but don't know what the settings should be. Currently
> sending 5 pings (usng Fping with 79 byte packet) every 5 seconds to 67
> targets.

> # consfn mrhb steps total
>
> AVERAGE  0.5   1  1008
> AVERAGE  0.5  12  4320
>     MIN  0.5  12  4320
>     MAX  0.5  12  4320
> AVERAGE  0.5 144   720
>     MAX  0.5 144   720
>     MIN  0.5 144   720

Hi,

you'll have to change these values in the Database section if you need
longer periods of data. Currently you are storing

* 1008 rows of five-second values
AVERAGE  0.5   1  1008

* 4320 rows of one-minute averages (12 steps * 5 seconds) == 72 hours == 3 days
AVERAGE  0.5  12  4320

* 720 rows of 12-minute averages (144 steps * 5 seconds) == 144 hours == 6 days
AVERAGE  0.5 144   720

See the rrdtutorial document in the RRDtool distribution for more details.

Cheers,
--
Niko