[smokeping-users] 2.0.1, icons and images not found, one shlash is missing somewhere

Andreas Klemm bits_ at web.de
Fri Sep 16 11:24:40 MEST 2005

Hi,

1st of all many thanks for smokeping. I use the older version already
at home on a FreeBSD 5.4 server and it does a very nice job.

Now I wanted to use the newer version 2.0.1 at a customer of mine.

Result is that I cannot see any icon or image when opening the
smokeping.cgi startpage.

The apache error log indicates, that a "/" is missing in the path to
the configured imgcache directory.

This is the path configured in the config file.

#imgcache = /home/oetiker/public_html/.simg
imgcache = /henkel/smokeping/smokeping-2.0.1/htdocs/img

And now please look at the apache log:

[Fri Sep 16 10:00:26 2005] [error] [client 139.3.111.122] File does not exist: /henkel/smokeping/smokeping-2.0.1/htdocs/imgrrdtool.png, referer: http://139.3.252.232/smokeping.cgi?target=Henkel

/henkel/smokeping/smokeping-2.0.1/htdocs/imgrrdtool.png is wrong.
Correct path would be:

/henkel/smokeping/smokeping-2.0.1/htdocs/img/rrdtool.png

I cannot find the location where this goes wrong.

The example config entry doesnt append a "/" to the path.

Even if I change the config and append a "/" to imgcache

imgcache = /henkel/smokeping/smokeping-2.0.1/htdocs/img/

then the error still exists: something eats my "/" and so no
images will be displayed.

[Fri Sep 16 10:22:14 2005] [error] [client 139.3.111.122] File does not exist: /henkel/smokeping/smokeping-2.0.1/htdocs/imgrrdtool.png, referer: http://139.3.252.232/smokeping.cgi

Looks for me like a generic error in 2.0.1. Did somebody stumble over this as well ?

It would be great if somebody with more insight in smokeping and perl than me
could give me some help or clue whats going wrong, or if this is a known issue
and lead me to a patch.

Best regards

Andreas