[smokeping-users] Re: better granularity step 300

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Sat Apr 15 10:53:58 MEST 2006

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 04:58:21PM +0200, Peter Klausner wrote:
> > you have to reconfigure whole database definition
> >
> The smokeping_config page mentions how to define different polling
> periods for different probes.
> But I don't see how to define different RRA layouts and match them to
> the proper probe.
> How would that work?

Hi,

unfortunately the RRA layouts are global at the moment. There's no way to
have different layouts for different probes. This is on the TODO list,
but it's not a very high priority (as there hasn't been much demand for
it so far).

A workaround would be to run separate smokeping processes with different
parameters.

Cheers,
--
Niko