[smokeping-users] Example Of concurrentprobes

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 23:01:49 MEST 2006

Hello,

Does anyone have an example of how to use concurrentprobes with the
same probe?  I am currently using a single instance of FPing and it's
getting close to 300 seconds for each polling cycle (I assume it would
be "bad" for polling to take > 300 secs when my step = 300 secs... let
me know if I have that wrong).  It seems the simplest way to handle
this would be to have smokeping do 2 or 3 concurrent fping probes.  I
have looked at the docs along with searching google and mailing list,
but it's not obvious how I would set this up (smokeping_config says
"If you use multiple probes or multiple instances of the same probe
and you want them to run concurrently", but I don't believe it says
how to accomplish this).

Advice/examples would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kennedy