[smokeping-users] Re: CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP Configuration/Setup...

DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com
Wed Aug 23 16:06:19 MEST 2006

I forgot to mention that I am running Smokeping version 1.38

>>> "DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI" <dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com> 08/23/06 10:00
AM >>>
Things are still not working. I ran a debug and received the following
output about CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP:

[root at servername bin]# ./smokeping --debug
WARNING: Hostname '' does currently not resolve to an IPv4 address
WARNING: Hostname '' does currently not resolve to an IPv4 address
### fping seems to report in 1 milliseconds
Launched successfully
Not entering multiprocess mode with '--debug'. Use '--debug-daemon'
for
that.
CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP: probing 2 targets with step 300 s and offset 210
s.
FPing: probing 808 targets with step 300 s and offset 210 s.
CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP: forks 5, timeout per target 15
please define 'ioshost' under the PROBE_CONF section of your target
 at /usr/local/smokeping-1.38/lib/Smokeping.pm line 894
please define 'ioshost' under the PROBE_CONF section of your target
 at /usr/local/smokeping-1.38/lib/Smokeping.pm line 894
Use of uninitialized value in scalar chomp at
/usr/local/smokeping-1.38/lib/probes/basefork.pm line 193.
Use of uninitialized value in split at
/usr/local/smokeping-1.38/lib/probes/basefork.pm line 194.
/usr/local/smokeping-1.38/lib/probes/basefork.pm line 199.
CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP: 10.0.120.183: got
Use of uninitialized value in scalar chomp at
/usr/local/smokeping-1.38/lib/probes/basefork.pm line 193.
Use of uninitialized value in split at
/usr/local/smokeping-1.38/lib/probes/basefork.pm line 194.
/usr/local/smokeping-1.38/lib/probes/basefork.pm line 199.
CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP: 10.28.67.153: got

How do I define iohost under the PROBE_CONF section of the target. Do
even need iohost?

Thanks.

-Dan

>>> "Klaus Kastens" <kka at netuse.de> 08/19/06 7:38 AM >>>
Hello Daniel,

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:17 -0400, DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI wrote:

> I am trying to get the CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP probe running, and I just
> want to verify that my config files are setup correctly. It is not
> working at the moment (I'm getting empty graphs), but I'm waiting to
> hear from the network engineer on whether or not he correctly
enabled
RW
> access for the server, and I figured that I'd have someone
double-check
> what I have.

The config should work. If you have logging enabled, you should see
something
like "rwcommunity at ioshost:::::2 supports 2.2.0 Round Trip Time MIB"
for
every
successful execution of the CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP probe in the logfile
or
syslog.

 Klaus