[smokeping-users] Re: Multiple Alerts, but with one holding priority

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Thu Aug 24 17:27:55 MEST 2006

Hi Eric,

> Maybe a priority parameter for each alert could be added... then
> Smokeping could do a check to see if a higher priority failure exists on
> the same device then it could know to not bother sending an email alert
> (though still logging to syslog would be ideal).

sounds simple enough ...

> Another nice parameter might be something to avoid returning a clear
> status email for items we want to know trigger an alert but we don't
> want to know when the pattern no longer matches. This would work well in
> the OfflineAtStart alert. Your thoughts?

well if you do not edge trigger the alerts (which is how the system
was designed in the first place) then you do not get this problem

sorry not sure, is edgetriger an global setting ? if so it probably
should be -per alert-

http://tobi.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9907