[smokeping-users] Re: is this possible?

B. Cook bcook at poklib.org
Tue Aug 29 22:34:08 MEST 2006

Fred Skrotzki wrote:
> In that notifications would be sent via e-mail and the server that would
> receive the notices is the one being reported as down the message would
> not get there.  Unless of course they have a alternate e-mail address
> and/or pager that could be e-mailed.

Correct.

Something like mailserver1.domain.org and it's contact would be to sms
email their phone
and mailserver2.domain.net and it's contact would be some pager..

I'd figure out how to notify them correctly ;) but I'm looking to see if
it's possible. Because it sure would help if smokeping could tell
someone else when their stuff is down..

I was going to give each of them their own smokeping install :P