[smokeping-users] R: SNMP error with CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP

Daniele Lucini daniele.lucini at kyneste.com
Mon Dec 4 12:16:47 MET 2006

Hello list,

I found what is causing the SNMP inconsistentValue error.
The problem is that when the probe try to get the results of the
rtr test the rtr entry has expired in the router.
This happen because, in some conditions, the rtr entry life
(rttMonScheduleAdminRttLife) as defined in CiscoRTTMonEchoICMP.pm
is not long enough.
I have modified it from $pings*$pingtimeout+3 to $pings*$pingtimeout+30
and this solved my problem.
Now I will try to understand why smokeping, for the same inconsistentValue
error, in some cases was reporting an alert offline and in other cases it
was not reporting any alert.

Cheers
  Daniele