[smokeping-users] Re: Multiple Remote Hosts for Remote probes

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Wed Dec 6 17:57:11 MET 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 02:18:20PM +0000, Martin Rheumer wrote:

> I am trying to set up a new smokeping host that ssh's to remote
> devices and runs the fping probe. I have set the following, but
> am at a loss as to how to add a 2nd rhost with the same fping
> probes ( hosts )

Hi,

you'll need to specify one RemoteFPing instance for each
remote host you're ssh'ing to.

Something like this (untested):

*** Probes ***

+RemoteFPing
binary = /usr/bin/ssh # mandatory
rbinary = /usr/sbin/fping # mandatory

++RemoteFPingFromHost1
rhost = 192.168.1.100 # mandatory

++RemoteFPingFromHost2
rhost = 192.168.1.101 # mandatory

[...]

*** Targets ***

probe = RemoteFPingFromHost1 # or whatever

menu = Top
title = Network Latency Grapher
remark = Welcome to the SmokePing Site of Internet Primus.

+ targetfromhost1
probe = RemoteFPingFromHost1
host = target1.example.com

+ targetfromhost2
probe = RemoteFPingFromHost2
host = target1.example.com

See also the smokeping_examples document, Example 3:
config.fping-instances for an example of several instances of the
same probe.

HTH,
--
Niko