[smokeping-users] Help required(sending SMS alerts)

Syed Waqqas Ahmed s.waqqas at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 16:37:20 MET 2006

Hi all,

  I need some help in configuring sms alert using mobile phone attached to linux machine via serial cable.. Well i am able to communicate to mobile and send sms and make call using gnokii software.

  But i want my mobile to automatically generate alerts when an email is received to any email account on linux machine along with the contents of email.

  Like i recieve email alerts of smokeping and now i want to send those alerts through SMS.. I am not using any SMS gateway .. its simply a mobile phone attached to the machine via serial cable..

  Can any one help me out.. or provide the script to do so.

  I hope you all understand what my problem is.. Any help in this regards will be highly apperciated.

  Regards

  S. Waqqas