[smokeping-users] Re: Smokeping dynamic IP Adresses

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Fri Jul 7 14:37:58 MEST 2006

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 07:01:48PM +0200, Andreas.Nolte at vrnetze.de wrote:

> I try to monitor a dynamic host, but it does not work. I modified the
> smokemail.dist script but the script shows an error in the INET.pm file.

Hi,

the idea is that you configure the server correctly and set the 'host'
value for your target to 'DYNAMIC'. Then you should run 'smokeping
--email', which will send an email to the email address specified in the
config file. This email will include the script with the right values
filled in.

Hope this helps. Please use the smokeping-users mailing list in the future
for questions, so other people have a chance to help as well. I'm CCing
the list.

Cheers,
Niko Tyni	ntyni at iki.fi