[smokeping-users] Re: loss colors section

Jeff Williams jeffwilliams05 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 16:21:37 MEST 2006

On 7/7/06, Niko Tyni <ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 11:00:45AM -0500, Jeff Williams wrote:
>
    > #Loss  Color    Description

> > 0         00ff00   "0/5"
> > 20       00ffff     "1/5"
> > 40       0000ff   "2/5"
> > 60       ff00ff     "3/5"
> > 80       ff0000   "4/5"
>
> Hi,
>
> without checking very carefully: I think the first columns should list
> the number of lost packets, not the percentage.

Thank you for your reply Niko.

The documentation online and in the text file from the tarball I downloaded
says "column 0 -- Activate when the lossrate (in percent) is larger of equal
to this number". I read that as saying that a percentage should be put in
column 0. Is the documentation incorrect? I see that in Smokeping.pm it
looks for $num,$col,$txt and if loss_colors has not been defined it uses 0
to $p-1 for the first column of values. According to that, I should probably
be using number of pings rather than percentage.

Jeff